Motivating employees is important to the overall success of the business. You may have hired a team of a-players, but since we are working from home you may have seen a plateau in their performance. This can be frustrating as you know what it looks like when your team are performing at their optimum. There is no need to worry, your team may just need a boost in motivation to spark productivity and engagement.
We have put together a list of 5 effective ways to motivate staff to ensure they are performing at their highest potential.
1. Celebrate The Wins
Work hard, play hard. You want your workplace to be an environment for productivity but also a place people enjoy coming to work each day. Rewarding staff on the big wins will a) result in staff doing a better job b) will stay at the company for longer. It offers the opportunity to celebrate meeting targets and providing the opportunity to say well done. Research shows 75% of employees who received at least monthly recognition reported being satisfied with their jobs. Your rewards and celebrations don’t have to be extravagant. Showing recognition can be something as simple sending a company-wide email or throwing a Friday team lunch.
How to implement a work hard play hard environment
- At Snacks With Bite, we have incorporated ‘work hard, play hard’ into our core values, which ensures this remains top of mind in all decision making
- Set clear KPIs so staff know what they are working towards
- Team retreats are a great way to get the team out of the office and have a little fun
2. Matching Swag
Feel like a team by looking like a team. Branded swag or company branded clothing items is a great way to spark the feeling unity, belonging and cooperation. Branded t-shirt or jackets is a tangible way to remind staff that you are all working together to a common goal.
How to organise branded swag for your team
- Next time you have a company-wide activity or event, organise matching t-shirts with a company logo for everyone to wear
- Get in touch with a promotional product wholesaler to recommend a couple of branded clothing items for your company, we have used Promotions Warehouse in the past and they offer a fantastic service
- Get your team involved in designing your company’s branded swag
3. Intrinsic Rewards Over Extrinsic Rewards
We would be lying if we said money is a major motivator for employees, although it isn’t everything. There are many non-monetary motivators for staff, which can end up making or break if not satisfied. Intrinsic motivators are your rewards that are driven by internal desires such as purpose, values, autonomy and the sense of belonging. Employees are motivated by a workplace that aligns with their values, provides them with a sense of purpose and a place where meaningful relationships are developed.
How to implement intrinsic motivators in your company
- Develop a set of core values that attract the right talent to your company
- Organise regular team-building exercises to ensure staff feel connected with the company
- Provide optional training for staff to upskill
4. Office Snacks
Office snacks are a great way to motivate employees. This works best when snacks that are provided to staff are are both healthy and result in sustained energy. Staff will no longer have to leave the office for sustenance and with their newfound brainpower, they will thank you in the long run. Sharing a snack with other team members is also a great social opportunity for relationships to be built. These types of social needs are a basic human need, which according to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs will motivate staff, creating a positive team culture
How to source healthy snack for staff
- Determine your budget
- Create a survey to find out what snacks your employees enjoy and if anyone has special dietary requirement you don’t already know about
- Look into subscription snack delivery services like Snacks With Bite , who offer better for you snacks delivered on the regular basis!
5. Employee Buy-In
Employees who feel like they have a say in strategic decision making are more likely to go above and beyond for the company. Employee buy-in means individual employees see the bigger picture in regard to the overall goals for the company and how each department work together to achieve this. Map out the pathway for success for employees so they know what they need to do to meet their goals.
How to create employee buy-in
- At Snacks With Bite we hold a quarterly company-wide meeting that involves all departments across the organisation to set KPIs to meet the overall goals of the organisation
- Sit down with each department and discuss each employee’s KPIs so they know what success looks like for them
- Ensure to celebrate when KPIs are met, so employees have a further incentive to meet targets
About Snacks With Bite
Snacks With Bite is an Australian-owned Snack Delivery service catering to office, homes and remote staff across the country. We specialise in creating delicious, healthy snack boxes to help keep your staff energised and motivated throughout their workday. We offer a simple, cost-effective way to source office snacks that everyone will love. With Snacks With Bite, you have the freedom of choice with the ability to select from our pre-made snack boxes or create your custom snack box filled with best-tasting snacks to suit your team’s individual breakroom needs. Packed with a range of sweet and savoury options including the best-tasting breakfast bars, trail mix, protein balls, chips, popcorn and dried fruit, Snacks With Bite is the perfect way to prioritise wellness and nutrition for your employees at a click of a button
Want to get in touch or see more…
Website – https://snackswithbite.com.au/
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 1300 795 802
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/snackswithbite
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/snackswithbite
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/snac…
YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTBF…